~ Please note that most orders will ship in less than 48 hours ~
* All ribbon pins will need one photo provided by you.
* When selecting a photo for your ribbon pin, it works best to use a photo with a single individual.
* All bracelets will need six photos provided by you.
* You can send photos either electronically via e-mail or you can snail mail original photos up to 8″ x 10″ in size. (All original photos will be returned to you in their original condition.)
* When choosing group shot photos (for bracelets only), try to use pictures that have four or less people. Once the photo is reduced in size to fit the frame you are unable to recognize the individuals if the group shot has more than four people.
* All photos can be reformatted to black and white. This looks really good with older photos. (Suggestion – crystal or jet colored beads really compliment black and white photos.)
~ Photo tips for custom made photo stars ~
1) Please try to send us at least 15 of your favorite photos, understanding that each star will only have ten of your photos displayed. But by including more than 10 it will allow us a little flexibility to piece the photos together and provide you with a better finished product.
2) Please make sure that not ALL of your photos are huge close-up shots. There should be a good amount of space on all four sides of your photo. A few close ups are acceptable, but we will be unable to provide you with a quality product if all your photos are close ups. In addition, we need both horizontal and vertical shots if at all possible!
3) Please provide photos that are over 100 KB in size. If your photos are under 100 KB in size they are not large enough for the printing process. (Our motto the bigger the better!)
4) If you are scanning your photo to send to use, please change your scanner setting to a MINIMUM of 150 DPI. We would prefer a setting of 300 DPI if possible.
5) Please understand that your finished product will only be as good as the quality and variety of the images you send.
6) Please know that we take pride in our finished products! We will do our absolute best with the photos that you send us. Due to the nature of this product (it is more like a collage), please understand that not all photos will be fully intact. We actually cut the photos to make the pieces fit the star kind of like a jigsaw puzzle.
7) If you snail mail us your original photos please know that we will return them unharmed to you!
* Mix bead colors to make a bracelet depicting your favorite sports team. Include photos of your favorite sporting event.
* Vacation bracelets are a great idea, for example I put together a bracelet that includes photos from a trip to St. Lucia that my husband and I took. (I picked the Pacific Opal crystals as they reminded me of the ocean.)
* Patriotic (red, white and blue crystal) bracelets are great! Make sure to include photos of your favorite patriot.
* Citrine crystals make a great bracelet color for photos of your serviceman or servicewoman. The bright yellow color of the crystal is symbolic of yellow ribbons.
* Many pet lovers have requested to have a bracelet made from photos of their pets.
* For the mother to be, a great idea is to use copies of the sonograms.
* Photo bracelets make a great gift for Mothers or Grandmothers. Include a photo of each child. Choose a birthstone for your crystal color.
~ January – Garnet
~ February – Amethyst
~ March – Aquamarine
~ April – Clear
~ May – Emerald
~ June – Tanzanite
~ July – Ruby
~ August – Peridot
~ September – Sapphire
~ October – Rose
~ November – Topaz
~ December – Blue Zircon
* Maybe you would like to honor a loved one with cancer. Crystal colors based upon the American Cancer Society’s recommendations:
~ Brain Cancer – Gray
~ Breast Cancer – Pink
~ Childhood Cancer – Amber
~ Colon Cancer – Royal Blue
~ Colorectal Cancer – Brown
~ Leukemia – Orange
~ Lung Cancer – Clear
~ Melanoma – Black
~ Ovarian, Cervical, Uterine Cancer – Teal
~ Pancreatic Cancer – Purple
~ Prostate Cancer – Light Blue
~ Other Cancers – Lavender